A Case for Smoke-Free Housing
Published in 2007
The Asthma Regional Council of New England undertook a national analysis of existing and emerging Smokefree Housing policies. The purpose of this effort and the ensuing policy paper has been to
- outline the complex issue of Secondhand Smoke (SHS) in multiunit housing;
- assess attitudes, advantages, legality and costs involved in adoption of Smokefree Housing policies;
- compile and present voluntary and regulatory model policies developed by state agencies, city councils, and property owners/managers;
- compile and present considerations for implementation by property owners/managers; and
- share survey results and available resources such as web links, sample surveys, and sample leases.