The finance team is searching for a Budget and Contracts Coordinator to be responsible for management of the grants database and select accounts receivable work (not collections).
The position also includes obtaining approvals for contracts and completing accurate data entry into the vendor database. As time and the individual’s strengths permit, the Budget and Contracts Coordinator will assist in special projects such as aligning coding between sets of accounts, organizing historical and current files into a new folder hierarchy, and contacting vendors for standard paperwork for contract compliance.
This is a great opportunity that requires a keen attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
The Budget and Contracts Coordinator role affords the opportunity to work collaboratively with a range of administrative staff and learn about finance and accounting within a dynamic non-profit organization with approximately 150 staff. This is a full-time position. The salary range starts in the mid 40’s to the low 50’s and is based on skills and experience.
The Budget and Contracts Coordinator will be supervised by a Contracts Administrator, with dotted line reporting to other portfolio managers on the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grants database
- Manage project data in critical systems in a timely manner. This requires unrelenting attention to detail, curiosity, and puzzle-solving skills.
- Accounts receivable
- Lead monthly invoicing activity for a selection of projects, working with colleagues in programs and finance to ensure accurate, timely, and complete invoices that are tracked internally and distributed to clients/funders promptly.
- Contract management
- Prepare monthly reporting package for each department or cluster and manage feedback and changes from colleagues about the information.
- Obtain approvals for and enter accurate information into the vendor database.
- Manage consultant files and ensure compliance with contracting terms.
- Assist in preparing proposals, including completing administrative and financial forms and/or documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other applicable field of study, or equivalent experience;
- Above average Excel skills;
- Database experience;
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally;
- Unrelenting attention to detail and accuracy; and
- Strong general computer skills (Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently and contribute to a team.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand new tasks.
- Work calmly under pressure.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
We are actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. HRIA encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, support a multicultural environment, and strive to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*