We are seeking a Budget and Contracts Coordinator to work collaboratively with a range of administrative staff and learn about finance and accounting within a dynamic non-profit organization with over 200 staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grants database
- Manage project data in critical systems in a timely manner. This requires unrelenting attention to detail, curiosity, and puzzle-solving skills.
- Accounts receivable
- Lead monthly invoicing activity for a selection of projects, working with colleagues in programs and finance to ensure accurate, timely, and complete invoices that are tracked internally and distributed to clients/funders promptly.
- Contract management
- Prepare monthly reporting package for each department or cluster and manage feedback and changes from colleagues about the information.
- Obtain approvals for and enter accurate information into the vendor database.
- Manage consultant files and ensure compliance with contracting terms.
- Assist in preparing proposals, including completing administrative and financial forms and/or documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other applicable field of study, or equivalent experience;
- Above average Excel skills;
- Database experience;
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally;
- Unrelenting attention to detail and accuracy; and
- Strong general computer skills (Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently and contribute to a team.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand new tasks.
- Work calmly under pressure.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
Health Resources in Action (HRiA) is a non-profit, public health consulting organization with a mission to help people live healthier lives and create healthy communities through prevention, health promotion, policy, and research. With an emphasis on community engagement and commitment to racial and healthy equity, HRiA has earned a national reputation as a leader in the fields of public health and social change. We work with diverse clients who share our vision of healthier communities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, state and local health departments, hospitals, and private/corporate philanthropic entities.
Since its founding in 1957, HRiA has been at the forefront of public health, leading the way to promote healthier and more vibrant communities. Our work recognizes the impact of structural racism and social and economic factors on health outcomes. Our health equity framework centers racial equity and guides our work with communities, partners, and clients as well as our internal policies and processes. HRiA is also a member of the National Network of Public Health Institutes with over 40 affiliates across the country.
HRiA’s core services span five programmatic clusters: capacity building assistance, grantmaking, research and evaluation, public health services (2023), and health and racial equity. Each cluster is led by a Vice President (VP). In addition, the VP/Chief Operating Officer (COO) oversees an internal administrative and finance cluster comprising our accounting, budget and contracts, and human resources teams.
HRiA is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has over 225 staff members located in Massachusetts and in over 30 other states across the US.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*