We are searching for a Communication Associate who will help support HRiA’s expanding health communication portfolio and build internal marketing capacity. In addition to applying and further developing communication and marketing skills, the Communication Associate will contribute to business development and strategic growth of HRiA’s communication and marketing portfolio. This is an opportunity to exercise creativity and work with a growing creative team in addressing multiple public health and social change challenges. This position is ideal for someone who thrives on learning new content and exploring and implementing innovative solutions.
The Communication Associate will lead marketing and communication projects for external clients, internal program and project clients, and for the organization, and provide support on larger initiatives. Specifically, the Communication Associate will engage in communication planning and strategy development; qualitative and other formative research; writing and content development; web, social media, and other digital development; print production; dissemination through a variety of channels; and client and project management (including management of consultants, vendors, and project timelines). The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in communication and behavior change theory, experience and skills in communication and/or marketing, a passion for public health/social change, and a desire to contribute to the growth of a mission-driven, non-profit organization. As marketing and communication activities span a diversity of topics and engage a variety of internal and external partners, the Communication Associate must effectively communicate and coordinate among multiple stakeholders. The Communication Associate will work closely with and report to the Director of Health Communication and Marketing and will be part of HRiA’s business development and marketing team as well as Policy and Practice team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Director of Health Communication and Marketing, support and in some cases lead communication and marketing strategy and planning for a range of public health projects
- Manage projects including work planning, client communication, internal coordination, oversight of consultants, and management of day-to-day project activities and administrative tasks
- Conduct formative and audience research including environmental scans, focus groups, interviews, concept and pre-testing, and user testing
- Write and develop content for a variety of audiences and purposes; manage content for internal and external websites and social media accounts
- Lead on small data visualization and design projects (using platforms such as Piktochart, PowerPoint, Canva, and/or Adobe Creative Suite); manage designers on larger projects
- Support web, social media, and other digital development
- Manage print production
- Support HRiA’s communication and marketing services to facilitate new business development, by assisting with proposal preparation and/or developing or contributing thought leadership content for a variety of public health topics (substance use disorder being one key area)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
- Master’s degree (or degree in progress) in health communication, public health with a communication concentration, or communication/marketing – with at least one year of related work experience – is preferred. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in similar fields with at least two years of related work experience will be considered.
- Strong foundation and expertise in communication theory, marketing/social marketing principles, and/or behavior change theory
- Ability to translate project goals and objectives into a communication/marketing strategy
- Solid project management skills, including ability to plan and anticipate activities and tasks, and meet milestones and deliverables on time and within scope and budget, as demonstrated through applicable work experience
- Strong writing and editing skills with ability to translate content from interviews and other source content into effective marketing content
- Understanding of designing for effective communication
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with internal and external clients and partners
- Orientation to detail with ability to maintain the pace of multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness in systems and processes
- Skilled in content management systems and/or social media management
- Experience in print production, web development, and/or media strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; skill in Adobe Creative Suite and/or other design platforms is a plus
- Strong commitment to public health and health equity
- Strong professionalism with ability to maintain a sense of humor
- Experience working with graphic designers and other consultants is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery field is a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker is a plus
How to Apply:
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*