We are seeking a Contracts Administrator to join an existing team within the Administration & Finance department to work directly with assigned program department and project directors and staff to understand and follow through on all contractual aspects of our work.
Administrative roles are part of moving grantmaking forward!
Health Resources in Action, Inc. (HRiA), a nonprofit public health institute based in Boston, Massachusetts, is currently recruiting a Contracts Administrator to be responsible for community health and medical research grantmaking contracts.
The Contracts Administrator will join an existing team within the Administration & Finance department to work directly with assigned program department and project directors and staff to understand and follow through on all contractual aspects of our work.
This is a unique position that offers variety in responsibilities, the ability to lend financial and contracting expertise to community health and medical research grantmaking programs, and the opportunity to reach important milestones and deliverables with the teams. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of program and administrative staff and is a growth opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated professional interested in nonprofit administration and financial management. This is an on-site, full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $55,000-$65,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, update, and monitor project and departmental budgets, individually and within the overall organizational budget;
- Evaluate expenses, prepare tracking files, and complete invoice submissions, drawdowns, and other billing; and
- Prepare and review federal, state, local and non-government contracts, and oversee approval, filing, and compliance processes.
- 4+ years of experience:
- Administering federal, state and/or city grants and contracts (generally in post-award); or
- Working in a service-based nonprofit budget department;
- Advanced Excel skills; strong general computer skills (Word, Outlook, databases, etc.);
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; and
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand new tasks quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
Ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*