We are searching for a Contracts Intern to be responsible for contract file (Excel) updates, compliance and reconciliation, and to participate in improvement efforts around contracting. The Intern will work directly with the Budget & Contracts Director and three Budget & Contracts Coordinators to update and maintain department and project contracts, and may assist in budgeting and billing procedures as appropriate. The Contracts Intern is also responsible for contract retention.
This is an exciting opportunity that requires a keen attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team and independently. This position requires a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week which could be split over two days.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an undergraduate senior majoring in finance or business administration who is interested in health, health services, and/or nonprofit work. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of administrative staff and learn about contract administration within a dynamic non-profit organization with approximately 100 staff. This internship may be completed for credit or may be an unpaid, volunteer position. The Contracts Intern will report directly to the Budget & Contracts Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contract implementation and compliance
- Maintain accurate contract log with all appropriate contract and invoice information;
- Ensure routing and filing of scans of final documents; and
- Reconcile final contracts with budget; work with others to identify and resolve discrepancies as appropriate.
- Assist with financial analysis as appropriate; and
- Assist in the development/revision of policies/procedures related to administrative and financial matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Senior undergraduate student in finance or business administration;
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission;
- Interest in grants and contracts management;
- Unrelenting attention to detail; and
- Strong general computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.).
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and also to contribute to a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
To apply, submit your resume, and cover letter.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*