We are searching for an Executive Assistant/Development Coordinator who will help facilitate organization-wide processes and activities. They will serve as the principal administrative contact and aide to the President, Vice Presidents, and the Board. Additional responsibilities will include serving as one of the organization’s receptionists (part-time) as well as working with the business development team to prospect for new funding opportunities and support the preparation and submission of new proposals.
The Executive Assistant/Development Coordinator will help facilitate organization-wide processes and activities. They will serve as the principal administrative contact and aide to the President, Vice Presidents, and the Board. Additional responsibilities will include serving as one of the organization’s receptionists (part-time) as well as working with the business development team to prospect for new funding opportunities and support the preparation and submission of new proposals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be flexible and positive in a fast-paced work environment, have excellent written and communication skills, be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
This is an exciting, highly visible position in the organization with potential for growth. The Executive Assistant/Development Coordinator will report directly to one of HRiA’s Vice Presidents. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the President to develop and refine correspondence, proposals, reports, and other executive/organizational documents
- Maintain the President’s and Vice Presidents’ calendars via Outlook, serve as a conduit for all invitations and requests for meetings
- Assist with correspondence to all staff
- Take the lead on coordinating quarterly All-Staff meetings, yearly internal Leadership Retreats, and Staff Summer/Winter parties
- Develop, disseminate, and archive Board, all-staff, and internal leadership meeting minutes
- Schedule and coordinate travel plans and itineraries for Executive Team members (President and Vice Presidents)
- Taking notes during client or new business meetings, where appropriate
- Work with the President to coordinate Board of Directors Meetings (five meetings yearly), including preparing and distributing materials in advance, preparing meeting minutes, setting up equipment, and ordering refreshments
- Work with the President and Board Chair to coordinate new Board orientation, Board committee meetings, and other Board-related activities
- Correspond with Board members via phone, e-mail, and Skype
- Maintain electronic files related to executive and Board archives
- Serve as the HRiA receptionist at the front desk part time – greeting office visitors, accepting packages, and directing individuals to their meetings or events
- Serve as vendor liaison for catering and print/copy accounts
- Provide office management as part of a larger office operations team: ensure the shared office space maintains a professional appearance and manage incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- Other administrative duties as needed
New Business Development/Marketing Role
- Support Development Manager in new business prospecting and evaluating new business development opportunities
- Assist with proposal development and/or packaging
- Manage the process for updating staff information for external audiences (e.g., HRiA-branded staff resumes for proposals, staff listing page on HRiA website, etc.)
- Support the planning and coordination of any large organization-wide events
- BA/BS required, and 2-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff, Board, and clients; strong customer service approach to work and projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to produce professional correspondence, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.
- Strong analytic and critical-thinking skills
- Sophisticated understanding of the needs of and demands on executives
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, video platforms (e.g., Zoom, GoToMeeting), and AV equipment
- Strong event planning skills
- Ability to understand tasks quickly and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining vigilant attention to deadlines and details
- Positive attitude and solutions oriented; ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective
- Ability to handle sensitive information and documents with confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity in problem solving, and overall good judgment
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Interest in non-profit organizations and public health
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*