We are seeking an Executive Assistant for the HAVI to work directly with the Executive Director and the Executive Leadership team to support their growing organization.
To heal communities affected by violence, The Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (www.thehavi.org) fosters hospital and community collaborations to advance equitable, trauma-informed care for violence intervention/ prevention programs. Our vision is to build a system of healthcare that mobilizes hospitals and communities to end violence, together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Management and prioritization of the Executive Director’s day-to-day calendar to ensure sensitive and timely matters are addressed. This includes:
- Organizing appointments and meetings as requested.
- Preparing agendas and materials for meetings.
- Serving as a conduit for all invitations and requests for meetings.
- Arranging catering for organization meetings and events that involve the Executive Director or Senior Staff as directed and in cooperation with the Operations Department.
- Schedule and coordinate travel plans, accommodations, and itineraries for the Executive Director and other staff at the Executive Director’s request.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and refine correspondence, memos, proposals, spreadsheets, slideshows, reports, and other executive/organizational documents using multiple platforms and software programs as requested by the Executive Director.
- Screen incoming correspondence and respond professionally on behalf of the Executive Director as necessary.
- Work with the Executive Director to address Advisory Board directives and requests.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Organizational Growth and Equity to coordinate Advisory Board meetings and retreats, including preparing and distributing materials in advance, preparing meeting minutes, setting up equipment, and ordering refreshments.
- Maintain and appropriately archive files related to the Advisory Board
- Generate specified reports for the Executive Director from the organization-wide Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system / database.
- Be a trusted, informed point person for HAVI, clients, funders, and the community.
- Participate in meetings as assigned by the Executive Director to record minutes and relay important information.
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Organizational Growth and Equity with identifying and implementing ways to increase systems that support the Executive Director’s work
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Organizational Growth and Equity in new prospecting and evaluating new business development opportunities.
- Assist with proposal development and/or packaging.
- Gather and prepare documentation for proposals and/or contract extensions, as needed.
- Coordinate with the Directors on behalf of the Executive Director to streamline HAVI staff members’ business development efforts
- Maintain grants management and donor databases and develop reports as necessary.
- At least five (5) years of experience providing administrative support to senior level staff
- Interest in advancing the mission of The HAVI and the principles of racial equity
- At least five (5) years of experience providing administrative support to senior level staff.
- Interest in advancing the mission of The HAVI and the principles of racial equity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Sophisticated understanding of the needs of and demands on executives.
- Advanced writing and communication skills; able to produce professional correspondence, presentations, meeting minutes, etc. with high attention to detail.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact and collaborate with staff, Advisory Board, and clients; strong customer service approach to work and projects.
- Strong event planning skills.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity in problem solving, and overall good judgment.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to telecommute and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to design presentations using professional tools such as powerpoint, prezi, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*