We are seeking a Grants Coordinator who will be responsible for the set up and maintenance of The Medical Foundation (TMF) and HRiA’s grants management database, Microedge Gifts Online, and related technology. The Coordinator will be maintaining, troubleshooting and updating the grants management database (GIFTS) and online grants submission system (IGAM) that receives over 700 grant applications annually.
The Grants Coordinator is responsible for the set up and maintenance of The Medical Foundation (TMF) and HRiA’s grants management database, Microedge Gifts Online, and related technology. The Coordinator will be maintaining, troubleshooting and updating the grants management database (GIFTS) and online grants submission system (IGAM) that receives over 700 grant applications annually.
The Grants Coordinator will have a keen understanding of operational procedures and work collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, deadline driven environment. He/she will perform high level administrative duties to assist the Grants Officers in managing multiple biomedical research grant programs and support the Scientific Directors in life sciences consulting projects.
The Grants Coordinator will work as an integral part of The Medical Foundation team that includes its Directors, Grant Officers, Scientific Officer, as well as with HRiA’s Community Health grantmaking team as needed. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of Microedge Gifts Online Database:
- Assist Program Staff with processing incoming grant applications
- Research, recommend, and manage process improvements for announcements, application, review, grants management;
- Support Grants Officers with meeting scheduling and logistics, travel arrangements, managing registrations to a small number of events, and other administrative functions.
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Stay up to date on new on existing database features:
- Be a resource for questions about database use and features;
- Support ongoing organization functions with updating Programmatic Calendar and reviewing and triaging accounts payable/receivables.
- Provide technical and administrative support
- BS/BA or equivalent with a minimum of two years of administrative experience;
- Exceptional attention to detail and data accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Proficiency in or capability of learning new software, including Microedge Gifts Online and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to strategically organize and structure simultaneous activities;
- Resourceful self-starter with a proven ability to perform under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and executing policies and procedures;
- Committed to producing high quality work;
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary;
- Knowledge of grants administration preferred but not required.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. HRiA encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*