We are searching for a Project Manager for the Illinois Helpline for Opioids and Other Substances. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to development of a new project, and share project management expertise while gaining a deeper understanding of substance use and related systems in Illinois, through client interaction, staff supervision, and program administration. The Project Manager will be based in Boston, MA. This is a full time, exempt position.
The Illinois Opioid and Other Drug Helpline is a new project focusing on increasing opioid treatment access and reducing opioid related death in Illinois. When launched, the IL Helpline will provide free and confidential information and referrals for opioid and other drug use problems and related concerns to residents of Illinois. The Helpline is committed to linking consumers with comprehensive, accurate, and current information about treatment, prevention, and recovery services throughout the state.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall success of the Illinois Helpline for Opioids and Other Substances. They will contribute to development, implementation, and management of the IL Helpline project. This includes contributing to the development of IL Helpline systems, call handling processes and protocols, the provider database, marketing plan, and other project components. The Project Manager will assist with budget development and management, and will be responsible for the ongoing successful operation of the project. The Project Manager will report to the Associate Director of Information & Referral, and work closely with HRiA’s Vice President and Helpline supervisory team. This position will report to the Associate Director of Information & Referral Services. This is a full time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Illinois Helpline project in collaboration with the Vice President and Associate Director of Information & Referral. They will provide significant project management expertise in a fast-paced, high-intensity, high-visibility context to ensure the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of the project. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Developing and implementing a flexible but specific workplan that supports the management and triage of multiple priorities and needs, while ensuring adherence to an aggressive timeline.
- Managing and facilitating the engagement and participation of project funders, the project team, the subcontractors, and other stakeholders.
- Supervising, mentoring, evaluating, and supporting the professional development of one to three staff people.
- Approving staff timesheets and schedules as appropriate.
- Communicating effectively, efficiently, and appropriately with the funder, the project team, supervisor, and other stakeholders.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and resolving challenges (proactively where possible) to minimize impact to the project goals and timeline.
- Overseeing subcontractors and monitoring and guiding their programmatic and fiscal progress.
- Preparing and submitting all required progress and data reports to funder to ensure contract compliance.
- Working with HRiA’s Vice President to monitor and manage the overall project budget, timeline, and programmatic progress.
- Contributing technical skills and/or content expertise to this project to ensure its effective implementation and sustainability.
- Establishing and monitoring systems to gather and report data to assess project process and outcomes; identify and implement continuous quality improvement activities, as needed.
- Contributing technical skills and/or content expertise to other related HRiA projects and to the organization, as appropriate or needed
- Maintaining or building skills in management, supervision, substance use, and related content areas.
- Contributing to blogs, HRiA website content, and other sources to promote the Helpline and the team’s expertise.
- Presenting at conferences/events with senior HRiA staff, as appropriate
- Suggesting ideas/improvements in project and/or organizational processes and systems through participation in teams and committees.
New Business Development
- Assisting with proposal writing and/or submission as needed; this may include working with the Vice President and other staff to prepare scopes of work and budgets for contract extensions, as well as working with the Development Manager to prepare proposals for rebids or other new opportunities.
- Contributing to HRiA website, blogs, and other opportunities to market services and expertise.
- Occasional travel to Illinois (reimbursed by HRiA) may be required of this position.
- May require some work outside of traditional business hours.
- Master’s degree, with a focus in the social sciences, public health, health policy or health care management, or education.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in a leadership or management capacity, with demonstrated success in managing and implementing a program(s) of similar size and scope.
- Certification as an Information & Referral Specialist or Resource Specialist (through AIRS) preferred or willingness to obtain within one year of hire.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities and timelines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to anticipate challenges and propose solutions.
- Ability to identify priority project tasks, gather input and guidance, and accomplish them independently with minimal additional oversight.
- Keen attention to detail and a strong commitment to high-quality products, customer/client service, and team interactions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals and organizations relevant to the project.
- Openness to information that may be different from personal views.
- Willingness to work with callers who may be ambivalent, resistant, impaired, or have psychological disorders.
- Openness to a variety of treatment services based on individuals’ needs.
- Respectful of cultural differences, and values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability and willingness to field incoming Helpline calls during periods of high call volume or other special circumstances.
- Experience with substance use services preferred.
- Two years of sobriety requested for people in recovery.
Training in addiction, screening, interviewing, treatment services, and resources is available. Hours for this position may be flexible, and the position may include weekend or overnight on-call duties. During its initial implementation phase, the Helpline will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. HRiA encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*