We are searching for a Grants and Program Coordinator to serve as a key member of Statewide Determination of Need (DoN) Team. The Grants and Program Coordinator will maintain the organizational systems – in partnership with the staff – to facilitate the team’s overall success in serving communities and collaborators.
The Grants and Program Coordinator will be responsible for a wide range of duties addressing the administrative, logistical, programmatic, travel, communications, and other vital needs of the Statewide DoN Team. The Team has three funding streams with distinct timelines, conducted simultaneously by multiple staff members, and the Grants and Program Coordinator will be integral to ensuring the organization and coordination across all of these projects.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. The Grants and Program Coordinator’s role will be to serve as the operational and administrative backbone to the team. The Grants and Program Coordinator will be developing and maintaining organizational systems to facilitate the team’s overall success in serving communities and attaining project goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
While this position will be involved in a variety of tasks, primary duties will include:
- Manage and maintain organizational systems for the team, including electronic and hard–copy files systems and databases
- Help develop, organize, and track all project workplans and related tasks
Grant and Contract Award (including pre- and post-Award)
- Assist team in preparation and editing of LOIs, RFPs, and reports, and other related materials
- Interface with HRiA staff, organizational partners, and consultants as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness of fiscal and administrative requirements
- Coordinate financial management of the department (payment/billing for clients and vendors) with HRiA Administrative and Finance Department
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of Online Database
- Assist Program Staff with processing incoming grant applications
- Research, recommend, and manage process improvements for announcements, application, review, and grants management
- Support team with meeting scheduling and logistics, travel arrangements, managing registrations for events, and other administrative functions
General Administrative Responsibilities:
- Stay up–to–date on new on existing database features
- Be a resource for questions about database use and features
- Provide technical and administrative support to team members, reviewers, and applicants
- Spearhead social media engagement to disseminate funding opportunities and awardees’ achievements
- Assist in the Fund’s website design and maintenance
- Maintain glossary of terms and e-mail distribution lists for the Funds
- Assist with the coordination of press releases and media inquiries
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist with the creation of tools and processes for data collection and reporting from grantees
- Contribute to report and presentation development
- Coordinate and participate in awardee site visits
- Assist in the formation of awardee learning communities
- Spearhead the operations and logistics of awardee learning communities
- Contribute to and coordinate the applicant and awardee webinar series development
- BS/BA or equivalent with a minimum of two years of administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills required with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and can take personal initiative and exercise independent judgment
- Committed to producing high quality work
- Calm in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- A valid driver’s license a plus
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Proficiency in or capability of learning new software, including Blackbaud Grantmaking, WordPress, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to strategically organize and structure simultaneous activities
- Resourceful self-starter with a proven ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Proven track record of social media engagement
- Knowledge of grants administration preferred but not required.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*