We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide a wide range of administrative duties to support the consulting and internal administrative activities of the Strategic Planning & Organizational Effectiveness Department within HRiA’s CBA Cluster.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to senior leadership of SP&OE and work collaboratively as part of the SPOE team. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and skills in public health planning, facilitation, and coaching, and become part of a vibrant and growing Public Health Institute.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The candidate will work remotely for several months as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and then discuss with their supervisor their continued remote status or transition to our Boston office after it reopens later in 2021. Boston-based staff have the option to work remotely for a portion of their work week. The position may require occasional work in the evening and occasional travel for national projects when in-person activities resume later in 2021 or early 2022. The salary range for this position is mid-$40k to low $50k depending on experience and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, manage, and maintain organizational systems, including electronic and hard copy file systems.
- Support the SP&OE team, including ordering and organizing supplies, managing the department calendar, and other related duties.
- Create, manage, and maintain systems of communication and work coordination of team members.
- Plan, initiate, and manage miscellaneous departmental projects, as needed.
- Support team members in project, administrative, and programmatic activities (e.g., scheduling, communications, follow-up needs, meeting minutes, mailings, etc.).
- Develop, format, edit, and/or proofread written materials.
- Transcribe and distribute meeting notes from flipcharts, group exercises.
- Respond to program information requests by telephone and e-mail.
- Serve as liaison to clients and internal Admin and Finance team regarding invoices and contracts
- Organize and complete scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reports and payment requests for team members.
- Prepare copies, materials, and packets for client sessions.
- Create, edit, and format professional and polished documents (including formatted slide decks and reports with some copyediting, formatting, and developing graphics), e-mail communications, and other materials and correspondence.
- Assist with progress and budget reporting.
- Transcribe and distribute telephone and in person meeting notes (internal and external).
- Build skills in public health, planning, facilitation, and health and racial equity through formal and experiential professional development opportunities.
New Business Development
- Assist with proposal writing, as appropriate.
- Gather and prepare proposal documentation (forms, resumes, etc.).
- Prepare proposals for submission, including formatting, design, packaging, and delivery.
- Assist with preparing and presenting reports and results.
- Suggest ideas and/or improvements through participation in teams and organization-wide committees.
- Identify and suggest ideas to improve project activities and processes.
HRiA’s work hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. As HRiA is a national organization, staff have the opportunity to flex their schedules to accommodate different time zones, client schedules and personal needs. This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent of one year relevant experience (employment or internship) in an office environment.
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to commit to and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including communicating by phone, e-mail, and in person with community members, clients, and organizational partners.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Dedicated to public health and achieving health and racial equity
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency utilizing online meeting tools such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Can take personal initiative and exercise independent judgment.
- Calm in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Interest in public health a plus.
- Experience with Survey Monkey or Qualtrics is a plus.
- Experience with various social media platforms and other online resources (e.g., Padlet) is a plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) abilities are a plus.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*