We are seeking a Budget & Contracts Associate with solid experience working with budgets and/or contracts to apply their knowledge and skills to a growing and dynamic organization. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of program and administrative staff and is a growth opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated professional.
We are searching for a Budget & Contracts Associate to be responsible for supporting a specific portfolio of work within the organization. The person in this role will work directly with a Contracts Administrator to understand and follow through on all contractual aspects of the work. This includes collaborating to prepare and review contracts, and implementing the approval, filing, and compliance processes. The Budget & Contracts Associate is also responsible for the appropriate compensation procedures for select contracts.
This is an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that requires a keen attention to detail and an ability to work well and calmly under pressure. This is a full time, exempt position with a salary range starting in the 50’s based on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Federal, state and private contract preparation and implementation
- Generate contracts for assigned projects and departments responding to and/or using government and non-government templates;
- Review outside contracts and suggest changes to protect the organization and impact revenue timing;
- Ensure proper approvals of contracts and grant letters, and routing and filing of scans;
- Maintain accurate contract log, with all appropriate contract and invoice information;
- Reconcile final contracts with budget; resolve discrepancies;
- Work with colleagues in programs and accounting to prepare and submit amendment/line-item adjustment requests; ensure follow-through.
- Contract and grant compliance
- File necessary reports for government and non-government contracts and grants, including financial and diversity reports;
- Invoice preparation and tracking
- Monitor contract spending and review with program directors and staff with the support of the Contracts Administrator;
- Lead monthly invoicing activity, working with colleagues in budget and contracts and programs and accounting to ensure accurate, timely, and complete invoicing that is properly tracked internally;
- Prepare invoices/drawdown requests and enter into EIM, PMS, ASAP, and similar systems; Maintain internal tracking.
- Complete requests from auditors as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience administering grants and contracts (generally in post-award);
- Relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Advanced Excel skills; strong general computer skills (Word, Outlook, databases, etc.);
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand new tasks quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of an illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRIA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*