We are seeking an energetic and proactive Communication Assistant to support marketing and communication strategies for the substance use and problem gambling helplines operated by HRiA. This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate to apply and build communication skills and experience, and to gain exposure to public health broadly and behavioral health specifically.
The Communication Assistant will manage social media and website content, support marketing campaigns, and provide administrative and logistical support on communication-related activities. The Communication Assistant will be a member of the Policy & Practice team and will work closely with communication, outreach, and project management staff of the helplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist team members with tasks to address client, project, and/or team management
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, and other
- Support communication-related strategies and tasks for HRiA’s multiple substance use/problem gambling helplines, including marketing campaigns, website enhancements, and ongoing communication needs
- Monitor multiple social media channels on a daily basis
- Support the management of multiple websites
- Manage timelines to keep staff, consultants, and clients on task
- Manage production of print materials and coordinate onboarding and distribution of materials
- Provide additional communication and administration support as needed on other projects
- Contribute to development of reports, presentations, proposals,
- Design infographics; simple visuals to support marketing and communication activities
- Coordinate with communication staff to develop and post social media and website content; coordinate with multiple Helpline team members to maintain and enhance website content and functionality for all Helplines
New Business Development
- Support project management in securing continuation of project funding, as
- Gather and prepare documentation for proposals and/or contract extensions, as
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
- At least two years’ relevant working experience and/or bachelor’s degree
- Skilled in MS Office products including Word, PPT, Excel
- Familiarity or expertise with social media and content management platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Commitment to public health, social change, and racial justice
- Familiarity with substance use disorder and/or public health a plus
- Design skills a plus (including design in PPT, Canva, and other platforms)
- Understanding of design and production processes a plus
- Spanish or Portuguese language fluency a plus
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*