We are searching for a Contracts Administrator to be responsible for a specific portfolio of work within the organization. This is an outstanding opportunity for a contracts professional to apply their knowledge and skills to a growing and dynamic organization. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of program and administrative staff and is a growth opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated professional. This is a full time, exempt position.
The Contracts Administrator will work directly with assigned department and project directors and staff to understand and follow through on all contractual aspects of the work. This includes collaborating to prepare and review contracts, and implementing the approval, filing, and compliance processes. The Contracts Administrator is also responsible for preparing and maintaining project and department budgets and ensuring their accurate reflection in the organizational budget, as well as driving the appropriate compensation procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract Preparation and Implementation
- Generate contracts for assigned projects and departments using HRiA templates;
- Review outside contracts and suggest changes to protect the organization and impact revenue timing;
- Ensure proper implementation of contracts and grant letters, and routing and filing of scans;
- Maintain accurate contract log, with all appropriate contract and invoice information;
- Reconcile final contracts with budget; resolve discrepancies;
- Work with colleagues in programs and accounting to prepare and submit amendment/line-item adjustment requests; ensure follow-through.
Contract and Grant Compliance
- File necessary reports for government and non-government contracts and grants, including financial and diversity reports;
- Review updates to federal, state, and foundation regulations on a regular basis to ensure compliance; collaborate with colleagues to develop/revise policies/procedures to bring HRiA into compliance.
Budget Preparation and Tracking
- Work with program directors and staff to create budgets for proposals and internal needs;
- Update project and department budgets due to scope, staffing, and other changes;
- Work with program directors and staff to solve budget challenges.
Invoice Preparation and Tracking
- Monitor contract spending and review with program directors and staff with the support of the department director;
- Lead monthly invoicing activity, working with colleagues in programs and accounting to ensure accurate, timely, and complete invoicing that is properly tracked internally;
- Prepare invoices/drawdown requests and enter into EIM, PMS, ASAP, and similar systems; Maintain internal tracking.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, including completion of administration and financial forms/documents;
- Complete requests from auditors as appropriate;
- Assist in the development/revision of policies/procedures related to administrative and financial matters.
Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in contracts or grants administration in an organization that receives federal and state funding;
- Advanced Excel skills; strong general computer skills (Word, Outlook, databases, etc.);
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and also to contribute to a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand new tasks quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of an illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRIA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*