The business development and marketing team is seeking a Development and Marketing Coordinator to support new business development and visibility activities for HRiA.
With our explicit commitment to health and racial equity and growth in size, budget, and staff, HRiA is positioned to expand our services in many areas and increase our thought leadership and visibility to current and new audiences. The Development and Marketing Coordinator is a new position that will support strategic activities around new business development and marketing across the organization, under the leadership of both the Associate Director of Development and Marketing Manager. Specifically, this position will support the development of proposals and grant applications, strengthen HRiA’s new business and marketing processes and infrastructure (e.g., CRM, contact databases, etc.), conduct regular website updates, and help manage and create blog posts, social media content, and other communication products for the organization.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented early career professional to support a growing organization. In a fast-paced environment, the Development and Marketing Coordinator will bring a can-do attitude in meeting deadlines and improving processes to advance the organization’s goals. This role affords the opportunity to work collaboratively on the new business development and marketing team and learn about the dynamic work of HRiA’s 160+ staff with vast expertise in the fields of public health and its intersecting sectors. This role will have ample opportunity for professional development and growth in the areas of public health, nonprofit administration, marketing, and/or consulting in support of a growing organization.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator will be supervised by the Associate Director of Development with additional mentorship from the Marketing Manager and HRiA’s Vice President who oversees the new business development and marketing team. Preference is for the Development and Marketing Coordinator to be based in the Greater Boston area when the office reopens in fall 2021, but not required. The salary range for this role is from high $40Ks to high $50Ks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development (60%)
- Search for and evaluate new grant and contract opportunities from government, healthcare, non-profit, and philanthropic funders using various platforms, including but not limited to GovWin, CommBuys, and Grants.gov.
- Support HRiA program staff and subject matter experts with proposal development, including managing the proposal team, developing outlines and templates, writing, copywriting, proposal production (e.g., formatting and printing, as needed), and proposal submission.
- Build out, update, and provide internal technical assistance to staff on the organization’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) where appropriate and work with various teams (e.g., Development, Administration & Finance, program teams) to ensure data are up to date and accurate.
- Update and maintain database of HRiA staff resumes in consistent branded format for inclusion in proposals.
- Assist program staff and Marketing Manager on content marketing, thought leadership, and visibility activities such as the development of blogs, practice briefs, etc.
- Support social media management and website content development in collaboration with Marketing Manager.
- Liaise with human resources staff to support onboarding for new staff in marketing activities, including ordering business cards, coordinating head shots, updating the staff page on the HRiA website, and maintaining staff profiles in internal databases.
- Manage print marketing materials.
Administrative Support (10%)
- Take notes at monthly Development Team meetings
- Manage HRiA’s weekly staff newsletter
- Manage data for New Business Development and Marketing Dashboard (produced bi-monthly for HRiA board meetings)
- Identify and suggest ideas to improve project activities and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, business administration, communications/marketing, English, or liberal arts and 1-3 years of professional experience OR some college education and 4-6 years relevant experience in an office environment
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, including oral and writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Familiarity with or comfort learning a range of software platforms, including Microsoft Office suite, CRM (Insightly or similar), and MailChimp
- Ability to take personal initiative and exercise independent judgment; ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Ability to act calmly in a fast-paced environment and problem solve
- Interest in racial equity and social justice
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the ability of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation of four weeks.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*