We are seeking a digital media specialist to develop strategy and manage digital projects, including websites, social media, digital campaigns, and other digital assets. The digital media specialist will spend approximately half time managing digital strategy and assets for substance use disorder-related projects, and half-time developing strategy and managing digital assets for multiple client-based projects and HRiA products. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who thrives on new challenges, is creative, and works well in diverse teams.
The digital media specialist will work with project staff and clients to develop digital strategy, build social media presence, coordinate web development projects, manage content, and build staff capacity to manage digital media. The Digital Media Specialist will serve as lead on selected digital projects and support larger initiatives. The position requires flexibility and the ability to work with multiple project teams.
The digital media specialist will be a key member of the Helpline team, serve in the Capacity Building Assistance cluster, and report to the Director of Health Communication and Marketing. The ideal candidate comes with strong digital management background and an interest in applying their skills and creativity to public health and social change initiatives.
This is a full-time, exempt position of 35 hours per week. Travel within Massachusetts may occasionally be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management & Supervision
- Manage digital strategy and implementation for ongoing projects including HRiA’s Substance Use Helplines
- Consult with clients and colleagues on digital strategy for multiple projects varying in scope
- Coordinate web development projects with internal staff and consultants, working closely with the IT and Web Manager
- Build and manage social media profiles and presence
- Develop and curate content
- Manage social campaigns and online advertising campaigns
- Monitor analytics and advise on quality improvement for digital media assets
- Contribute to strategy and development of proposals inclusive of digital media
- Cultivate client relationships
- Build skills and capacity of project colleagues to understand effective digital strategy and to manage web and social media content
- Understand new trends and stay current on digital media technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, or relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience working in a digital media capacity
- Experience in developing website strategy and managing web development projects
- Experience in developing social media strategy, monitoring, and management
- Experience in client management
- Ability to be self-directed and identify and anticipate needs
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with internal and external partners and clients
- Knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, and/or other web design and content management systems
- Expertise in web, social media, and campaign analytics
- Experience in SEO strategy and management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Affinity for public health, social change, or social justice issues
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working with or managing consultants including designers and developers
- Design and other technical skills a plus (e.g. Creative Suite, drag-and-drop design platforms, video editing software)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. The use of an illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds. HRiA is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*