We are seeking a Digital Strategist who can grow the HAVI’s social media presence and design and execute digital campaigns that advance the public discourse around violence as a public health issue that disproportionately impacts communities of color.
To heal communities affected by violence, The Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (www.thehavi.org) fosters hospital and community collaborations to advance equitable, trauma-informed care for violence intervention/ prevention programs. Our vision is to build a system of healthcare that mobilizes hospitals and communities to end violence, together.
Hospital-based violence intervention programs (HVIPs) vary in the specifics of their design and scope, but typically include a brief intervention in the emergency department or at the hospital bedside as well as intensive community-based case management services following discharge. HVIP services are provided by culturally competent Violence Prevention Professionals who often also serve in a mentorship capacity. HVIPs are rooted in the philosophy that violence is preventable and that violent injury offers a “teachable moment” and unique opportunity to break cycles of violence. HVIPs embrace a public health approach to violence prevention as they are grounded in data, which indicate that victims of violence are at elevated risk for re- injury and violence perpetration. This model has been the subject of numerous peer-reviewed studies indicating promising impact on injury recidivism, criminal justice contact, and trauma symptoms. HVIPs are now a recommended practice by the federal government.
The network has grown to hundreds of individuals, including physicians, nurses, therapists, gang interventionists, outreach workers and researchers who are affiliated with 41 member programs in the U.S., Canada, England and El Salvador. Our goal is to support the growth of HVIPs throughout the United States.
The HAVI hosts a large annual conference, which convenes over 500 professionals implementing our health approach throughout the country and the world. We also staff member working groups that focus on Mental Health, Research, Policy, Workforce Development, and more, and provide training and technical assistance to hospitals and communities that want to begin HVIPs and to existing programs that need support.
The HAVI is a fiscally sponsored project of Health Resources in Action, Inc. (HRiA).
The Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (the HAVI) is seeking a digital strategist who can grow the organization’s social media presence and design and execute digital campaigns that advance the public discourse around violence as a public health issue that disproportionately impacts communities of color.
The digital strategist will lead the organization’s digital outreach efforts and will plan,
implement, and monitor the digital components of the organization’s overall integrated communications strategy.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with all social media platforms and have experience with digital marketing, management of digital campaigns, website design and management, and some experience with graphic design. They will be a creative, innovative, and detail-oriented communicator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and a willingness to learn from and collaborate with colleagues.
The digital strategist will report to the Director of Strategic Communications. This is an exempt, full-time, fully remote position with a salary range of mid 60k’s to mid 70k’s based on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create a digital strategy for email, social, and website; contribute digital strategy components to the HAVI’s overall communications plan
- Manage and grow the HAVI’s social media accounts through curated and original content
- Manage and update website content; ensure content is up-to-date through ongoing review and maintenance
- Track and report on key metrics for performance and outcomes; use analytics to make strategic recommendations to advance the HAVI’s communications goals across the organization’s digital channels
- In coordination with the communications team, execute an integrated communications strategy across all digital channels
- Develop and implement digital events, such as tweet chats, digital days of action, Facebook live streaming, etc
- Incorporate stories and the voices of those directly impacted by the HAVI’s work in the organization’s digital communications
- Assist with the development of graphics and collateral materials using HAVI brand standards, including infographics, issue reports, toolkits,
- Develop materials for the HAVI’s annual conference, including digital program and microsite
- Assist in rapid response social strategy; identify digital opportunities to leverage breaking news and the 24-hour news cycle
- Evaluate emerging technologies; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Assist with donation campaigns and other fundraising initiatives as needed
- At least 3 years of experience working on a range of digital communications functions, including social media, email marketing, website management and development, and graphic design
- A personal commitment to and understanding of racial equity and social and racial justice issues
- Ability to telecommute
- Ability to travel occasionally for work (1-2 times per year)
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- High level of organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team, lead when appropriate, and accept feedback
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks with accuracy and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to adapt communications appropriately for purpose and audience
- Interest in and awareness of current events; ability to stay plugged into what’s happening in racial and social justice, public policy, and mass media
- Experience with identifying target audiences and creating digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Knowledge of all social media platforms and best practices and trends in social media management and email marketing
- Knowledge of SEM and SEO, website analytics, and results-oriented reporting
- General familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) and e-marketing platforms such as MailChimp
- Respectful of cultural differences and values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Professional appearance and demeanor
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*