We are seeking an intern to provide a range of programmatic and administrative support for the Massachusetts Community Health and Healthy Aging Funds (MA CHHA Funds).
The Massachusetts Community Health and Healthy Aging Funds (MA CHHA Funds) are committed to disrupting and removing barriers to health – structural and institutional racism, poverty, and deep power imbalances – through community-centered policy, systems, and environmental change approaches. We provide the resources to enhance the capacity of multi-sector collaboratives to authentically engage residents and work together so that everyone has the highest quality of life possible in Massachusetts.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a vibrant and growing public health organization and contribute to an interdepartmental and interagency project team to promote health and racial equity through grantmaking. An intern would have the unique chance to gain hands-on experience with public health grantmaking, and the ability to learn about and contribute to a variety of project work depending on their skills and interests.
This position will be an approximately 5-8 hours per week paid internship, taking place in the Spring, Summer or Fall, with flexibility depending on candidate’s availability and course of study or program requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
While this position will be involved in a variety of tasks, primary duties will include:
- Assist with management of Learning Community platform including updating site content, tracking discussion board themes, and answering awardee questions.
- Provide administrative support for grantmaking activities including developing workplans, tracking awardee information and project updates, and contributing to planning and execution of convenings with awardees, with a focus on enhancing equitable approaches to grantmaking.
Outreach and Community Engagement
- Support implementation of MA CHHA Funds Communications Plan including planning, drafting, and posting content.
- Provide administrative and communications support for outreach and engagement activities with MA CHHA Funds stakeholders.
- A commitment to racial and health equity, and diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn, especially about public health issues
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Current knowledge of or capability and willingness to learn new software including Microsoft – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook; Zoom; Google Suite – specifically Groups and Sites
How to Apply:
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*