We are seeking a Human Resources Administrative & Training Associate to provide human resources generalist support to a growing, increasingly national public health organization.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, friendly, and organized individual with a human resources generalist background. The ideal candidate is outgoing, a strong communicator, and comfortable working directly with a growing and diverse employee population. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of program and administrative staff and offers growth potential for an engaged, self-motivated professional.
The person in this role will run the daily administrative functions of the Human Resources department including updates and entries into the organization’s HRIS, Performance Management and Learning Management Systems. Additionally, this role will manage the coordination of interviews, new hire onboarding, and the organization’s internal training and orientation calendar and materials.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced opportunity that requires a keen attention to detail and an ability to work well and calmly under pressure. This is a full time, exempt position. The salary range for this position starts at $50K and is commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Staffing
- Post new positions in organization’s applicant tracking system and all external recruitment sites.
- Book phone screens and interviews for all open roles.
- Update and maintain applicant tracking position to ensure all open roles are closed out and archived appropriately.
- Work with HR team members on all recruiting and hiring data and reporting.
Administration & Compliance:
- Prepare, distribute, and file all Human Resources related paperwork including offer letters, new hire paperwork, personnel action forms, etc.
- Coordinate logistics of new hire onboarding including orientation schedule, supplies, new hire office space (when onsite), and technology needs.
- Enter new hires and all employee changes and updates into the HRIS system (TriNet) and all other organizational systems.
- Complete and maintain background checks as required for new hires and current staff.
- Coordinate and provide staffing updates as appropriate for Budget, Accounting, Operations, and Marketing Teams.
- Work with Accounting team to ensure clean and timely processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls.
- Maintain and keep employee census accurate and up to date.
- Work with Director, Human Resources & Operations on updates and maintenance of Human Resources forms and documents.
- Own and maintain all organization files on the intranet and work with staff on continued streamlining and improvement of files.
- Work with Human Resources team on ongoing Human Resources file archive project to move paper files to electronic files.
- Develop and implement staff appreciation initiatives with HR Team members (e.g., birthday, anniversary, special occasion, and holiday recognition)
- Contribute HR experience and knowledge to development, implementation, and evaluation of all human resources projects as assigned.
Internal Orientation & Training:
- Work with Director, Human Resources & Operations on coordinating and tracking all required employee trainings and orientations.
- Manage scheduling of internal trainings and orientations with Human Resources & Operations team and the Professional Development Committee.
- Help develop and refine internal training curriculums for the organization such as supervision training, tool orientations, and project related best practices.
- Support the development of Equity & Inclusion new hire orientation program.
- Contribute HR expertise to development and implementation of new orientations and trainings for all staff.
- Work with professional development committee to collect and review staff feedback, needs, and interests to refine and develop new trainings, brown bags, and orientations.
- Provide technical assistance to staff on HRIS systems, HR forms, and other sites and tools used by the Human Resources department.
- Aid Technology & Operations Coordinator on monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Complete vendor check requests for department purchases.
- Assist in party planning, meeting, and event coordination as required.
- Provide HR perspective on organization’s Well Beings and Green Teams.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- One to three years of Human Resources Generalist or Administration experience.
- Experience payroll and benefits preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts or relevant field.
- A knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Offices Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Teams, and Zoom).
- Effective and consistent communicator – both oral and written.
- Strong project management skills with an excellent attention for detail and accuracy.
- Experience with HRIS systems management.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Collegial and outgoing nature with excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and also to contribute to a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand new tasks quickly.
- Ability to anticipate needs and address them before a formal request for help is made.
- An interest in HRIA’s mission.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective.
- Eagerness to increase responsibilities as organization develops.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. HRiA encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*