We are seeking a Human Resources Partner to serve as a strategic advisor to selected departments within Health Resources in Action to provide HR coaching, advising, and administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with department leaders and teams to create a culture of ownership, diversity, respect, equity, and inclusion.
- Consult with and advise managers and employees on personnel policies and procedures and ensure organization policies and procedures are well understood.
- Develop and maintain relationships with department leadership to build an understanding of department goals, initiatives, and issues and provide HR expertise, advising, and coaching to support department goals and initiatives.
- Coach department leadership on HR and organizational issues including but not limited to performance management, employee relations, workforce planning and development, change management, and employee engagement.
- Develop change management and communication plans with leaders, as needed.
- Maintain an organization-wide perspective when advising staff and supervisors on HR questions and issues.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with other internal and support departments and functions such as IT, Operations, Marketing & Development, and Administration & Finance.
- Provide timely and sound guidance to staff and supervisors on organizational, federal, and state policies.
- Advise, support, and assist supervisors in managing employee issues such as performance management, behavioral concerns, and staffing changes such as employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Provide responsive and comprehensive advice on complex issues including FMLA, ADA, sexual and workplace harassment, addressing workplace microaggressions, violence, crisis situations, staff separations and the development of separation agreements.
- Review ADA accommodation requests and conduct interactive dialogue with employees making requests.
- Review and initiate leave of absence requests through the organization’s leave of absence management system.
- Communicate, interpret, and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures based on best practices in collaboration with the Managing Director of Human Resources.
- Continuously assess employee engagement and satisfaction at the department level to determine relevant programs and plans to maintain organizational goals.
- Support high staff performance, engagement, and satisfaction by identifying opportunities for training, development, and talent acquisition.
- Facilitate organizational and HR-specific communications.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to develop effective and efficient recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and hiring managers on staffing decisions and salary guidelines.
- Maintains understanding of workforce trends as related to areas of responsibility (i.e. recruitment/retention issues, market, equity, etc)
- Support, train, and troubleshoot questions from department leadership and staff on compensation policies, procedures, and processes.
- Provide consultation to supervisors on the development of job descriptions, evaluating the level and salary range for new or changing positions, market/equity reviews, and job offers.
- Work with HR team members to identify market trends and changes based on internal recruiting data and market research and report out finding to department leadership.
- Maintain an understanding of HRiA’s compensation philosophy and practices which includes salary levels and ranges, organization pay factors, and all policies related to setting and reviewing compensation.
- Serve as subject matter expert and function lead in specific area of HR Management such as talent acquisition, employee benefits and compensation, and talent management.
- 5 – 7 years plus in Human Resources.
- Experience as a Human Resources Generalist or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to equity and inclusion in Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Effective and consistent communicator – both oral and written.
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Offices Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Teams, and Zoom).
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention for detail and accuracy.
- Experience with HRIS systems management.
- A commitment to advancing employee well-being and equity, valuing diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to both work independently and to contribute to a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Motivation to support HRIA’s mission and values.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
How to Apply:
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*