We are seeking a Marketing & Administrative Coordinator to work with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, HRiA Staff and our members/partners to achieve the NACHW mission.
NACHW is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to unify the voices of the community health workers (CHWs) and strengthen this profession’s capacity to promote healthy communities.
Community Health Workers (CHWs) are frontline trusted public health workers with close relationships to and understanding of the community where they delivery services. CHWs serve as a liaison/link/intermediary between health/social services and their community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. CHWs build community capacity through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support, navigation, service coordination and advocacy.
Our strategic priorities include Mobilizing community health workers, professional development, offering resources and tools for capacity building, and advancing policies on behalf of the CHW workforce. NACHW was launched in 2019 by a dedicated group of CHWs.
NACHW is a fiscally sponsored entity of Health Resource in Action, Inc. (HRiA). Health Resources in Action, Inc. (HRiA) is a nonprofit public health and medical research funding organization based in Boston, Massachusetts with a mission to help people live healthier lives and build healthier communities through prevention, health promotion, policy, and research. HRiA works with a diverse group of clients across the country to address some of the most critical public health issues using innovative and evidence-based approaches to improve population health. Our clients include the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, state and local health departments, hospitals, and private/corporate philanthropic entities.
The role of the Marketing & Administrative Coordinator is to work with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, HRiA Staff and our members/partners to achieve the NACHW mission. The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director. The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator must be able to conduct professional business interactions and duties independently and as part of a team, and prioritize the needs of our members, partners and sponsors. Significant skill conducting business, planning and communications through online platforms and software is required. Analysis of basic survey data is a plus. Bilingual (English and Spanish) speaking, reading and writing proficiency is a plus.
This position requires working remotely from home. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive Director with tasks to address member, partner, and/or sponsor benefits and requests
- Manage daily operations of NACHW including implementation and administration of the policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors
- Participate in weekly meetings, bi-weekly board and Executive meeting, and other workgroups, as appropriate.
- Manage communication platforms (website updates, newsletter development and distribution, letters and email responses)
- Update budgets and other tracking mechanisms monthly
- Manage bi-weekly agendas, meeting reminders, and minutes for the NACHW Board
- Coordinate and maintain web, social media and other systems of communication
- Coordinate member mobilization and capacity building program, including but not limited to, scheduling, and transcribing meetings, developing, collecting data, documenting and updating plans.
- Plan and coordinate program events by recruiting speakers and registering target audiences, ordering and organizing supplies, preparing, and packing materials for trainings, conferences, and special presentations
- Complete ED and staff travel arrangements and expense reports through coordination with fiduciary organization
- Develop, format, edit and/or proofread written project documents, email communications, and other materials and correspondence for meetings, trainings, conferences, and presentations.
- Input data and maintain databases for member benefits, trainings, e-mail communications, event registration, and evaluation data; develop regular reports.
- Respond to project information requests by telephone and e-mail.
- Support accounts payable and receivable by creating invoices/check requests for payment/billing for vendors, and clients and tracking expenses and income.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for the team as requested.
- Build or develop knowledge of the CHW workforce, project coordination skills and planning support.
- Assist with preparing and presenting reports and results.
- Attend webinars/online events on behalf of the Executive Director
- Suggest ideas or improvements through participating in teams and committees.
New Business Development
- Expand NACHW social media presence and connections
- Support the development of webinars and professional development opportunities for membership
- Market sponsor and partnership opportunities
- Assist with writing proposals, scopes of work, and/or budgets and amendments, as appropriate.
- Gather and prepare proposal or scope of work documentation.
- Prepare proposals for submission, including formatting, design, packaging, and delivery
- High degree of skill managing work flows and products through various software platforms (Google Drive, Microsoft Office, WordPress)
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience in an office setting. Will consider an Associate’s level candidate with four years of professional experience and significant work samples
- Organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and events simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to commit to and follow through on projects.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills; including communicating by phone and in person with members, board of directors, partners and sponsors.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in Google Drive applications, Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce software a plus.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Interest in and commitment to community health workers, public health and health equity
- Interest in working in a team and capacity to also work independently.
- Commitment to respect, dignity and inclusion for all people regardless of educational background, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or health status, income or geography.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*