We are seeking a Marketing Manager who will work collaboratively with the dynamic marketing and new business development team and passionate, knowledgeable program staff to bolster our visibility and share our best practices both within the public health field and across multiple sectors.
The Marketing Manager is a new position providing a growth opportunity for a marketing professional to apply their expertise to help shape the marketing and branding of an established and rapidly growing public health organization. HRiA is a leader in providing accessible, on-the-ground consulting services and programs to organizations across the evolving public health and health care environments. Our experience, expertise, and skills provide strong content marketing potential.
The Marketing Manager will work with the marketing and new business development team to plan, implement, and measure the effectiveness of HRiA marketing strategies. Central to the Marketing Manager’s role will be (1) developing marketing content, including news and blog posts, social media posts, branded briefs, tools, and other publications, and (2) assisting program staff in developing and designing external-facing materials that reflect HRiA’s brand and communication standards such as conference posters, presentations, and report deliverables. They will work closely with program staff to identify key audiences, marketing opportunities, and content needs and to translate program staff expertise into engaging and relevant content. The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for content management of the HRiA website and will work with the Web Development Manager to identify opportunities to improve upon the presentation, organization, and overall user experience of the HRiA website.
The Marketing Manager will report to HRiA’s Vice President who oversees organizational new business development and marketing and the research and evaluation practice area. The Marketing Manager is a full-time, exempt position based at HRiA’s headquarters in Boston, and will be expected to work on-site, though the opportunity for a flexible schedule or remote work will be available, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall Marketing Activities
- Contribute to the development of HRIA’s marketing strategy, in coordination with senior leadership and staff
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of marketing activities for the organization
- Serve as key marketing contact for all staff
- Build and maintain relationships and coordinate marketing activities with staff and partners; work with staff to identify new marketing opportunities
- Ensure alignment between marketing and new business development activities, in coordination with the Development Manager
Website, Social Media, and Email Marketing
- Manage and coordinate ongoing website enhancements and improvements
- Develop website content related to HRiA’s core services, project portfolio, and news/events
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, in coordination with HRiA’s Associate Director, Web and Technology
- Formalize and implement HRiA’s social media strategy
- Apply best practices to changes and enhancements to HRiA’s online and social media presence
- Develop and implement email marketing activities such as e-digest newsletters
- Conceptualize and develop HRiA-branded products (e.g., practice briefs, white papers, videos) in coordination with subject matter experts
- Write and develop content for a variety of audiences, channels, and formats, such as blog posts, social media posts, and practice briefs
- Coordinate and support staff participation in professional conferences and other visibility events
- Identify additional marketing audiences, channels, and activities to build HRiA’s visibility and thought leadership
Marketing Systems and Metrics
- Manage marketing projects including work planning, internal coordination, oversight of consultants, and management of day-to-day project activities and administrative tasks
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency in marketing systems and processes
- Monitor and analyze marketing metrics to inform marketing strategy and activities
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a marketing or communications capacity
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in marketing or communications, or a related field, with experience in or strong commitment to becoming well-versed in topics of public health and health care; or bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health, health communication, or a related field, with applicable marketing or communication experience
- Strong foundation in marketing principles and practice, with experience in content marketing and content management (web and social media)
- Strong writing and editing skills with ability to translate public health concepts into lay language and effective marketing content
- Solid project management skills, including ability to plan and anticipate activities and tasks, and meet milestones and deliverables on time, as demonstrated through applicable work experience
- Understanding of design for effective communication; experience in design platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite and working with a graphic designer a plus
- Experience in web development (programming skills not necessary) and skilled in content management systems
- Strong commitment to public health and health equity
- Is energetic, enthusiastic, and proactive, takes initiative, is resourceful and flexible, and has a good sense of humor
Typical hours are Monday -Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Additional evening and weekend hours are sometimes required to fulfill the duties of this position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at 4 weeks.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*