We are seeking a Program Associate to join the Clearinghouse team and manage the print production, marketing, and distribution of hundreds of publications for the MA Health Promotion Clearinghouse and other public health organizations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about project management, skilled in logistics and coordinating complex multi-stakeholder programs, and enjoys system and process improvement.
HRiA provides Clearinghouse services for several state-level public health programs. One of our longstanding projects is the Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse, funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The MA Clearinghouse provides free health promotion materials for Massachusetts residents, health care providers, social service providers, and other organizations invested in the health of Massachusetts. Each year we distribute millions of copies of brochures, booklets, wallet cards, posters, and fact sheets from our Fulfillment Center in Amesbury, MA to locations across the Commonwealth. Our materials cover over 40 topics including alcohol and substance use, mental health, tobacco, infectious diseases, chronic diseases, and child health.
We are seeking a Program Associate to join the Clearinghouse team and manage the print production, marketing, and distribution of hundreds of publications for the MA Health Promotion Clearinghouse and other public health organizations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about project management, skilled in logistics and coordinating complex multi-stakeholder programs, and enjoys system and process improvement. In addition, this position provides an opportunity for the candidate to be exposed to a wide range of public health topics and communication strategies. This position is based at HRiA’s office in Boston, MA.
The Program Associate will be responsible for print production of existing Clearinghouse products, including copyediting, proofing, and shipping/packaging coordination, which supports the ongoing distribution of over 600 products at the Clearinghouse. The Program Associate will manage the Clearinghouse website, product database, and ordering system, and work closely with the Fulfillment Center Manager to ensure accurate, up-to-date records in the systems.
The Program Associate will report to HRiA’s Director of Public Health Services. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, fast learner, and work independently and as part of the team. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and Supervision
- Assist the Director with tasks to address client, project, and/or team management needs
- Manage print and other vendors
- Engage with clients for Clearinghouse projects
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, and other workgroups
- Work closely with a range of clients to review and update the content of existing or new Clearinghouse materials and resources
- Copy edit and proofread materials
- Work with vendors to manage print production, and with the Fulfillment Center staff to coordinate packing and shipping logistics
- Assist with determining work specifications and obtaining quotes from vendors and consultants
- Manage budgets for multiple print production projects
- Manage product information and other content on the website
- Assist with producing and presenting distribution reports for at least 30 different programs
- Participate in client meetings and provide updates and other support
- Build and expand skills relevant to project management, print production, and other Clearinghouse work
- Suggest ideas/improvements through participation in teams and committees
- Assist with writing proposals or scopes of work for existing or new business opportunities
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to support expansion of program portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Solid foundation of project management skills and a desire to build skills
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks and ensure accuracy and follow-thru
- Experience with print production including obtaining quotes and working with print vendors
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with website content management
- Comfort and familiarity with learning and managing new systems and tools
- Experience with using Adobe Acrobat; experience with other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Strong communication skills including engagement and follow-up with team members and vendors
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A commitment to valuing diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, and perspectives
- A commitment to public health and health equity
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
Typical work hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks per year.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*