We are seeking a Program Coordinator to provide a range of programmatic and administrative support for several capacity building assistance (CBA) projects.
HRiA is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide a range of programmatic and administrative support for several capacity building assistance (CBA) projects. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a vibrant and growing public health organization and contribute to initiatives focused on reducing health disparities in Massachusetts and beyond. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Program Coordinator will initially work remotely (due to HRiA’s COVID-19 policies) but will eventually be based in HRiA’s Boston office, with the potential for continued remote work for a portion of the work week.
HRiA seeks a Program Coordinator with a keen understanding of operational procedures and who can work collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. They will provide programmatic and administrative support to assist program staff in developing, implementing, and managing several programs and projects. Specifically, the Program Coordinator will devote about 50% of their time to the new MA Problem Gambling TA Center, funded by the MA Department of Health, Office of Problem Gambling Services. This public health project aims to build the capacity of organizations across the Commonwealth to provide problem gambling treatment services and reduce racial and ethnic disparities in treatment access and outcomes. The other 50% of the Coordinator’s time will focus on several other CBA projects, including but not limited to strategic planning, training, and technical assistance efforts. The Program Coordinator will report to the Director, Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Coordinator will provide a range of CBA support for the TA Center team and other teams including:
- Coordinate, schedule, and support in-person and web-based meetings, trainings, and other planning or technical assistance events.
- Help monitor and document progress and accomplishments and support overall project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide routine administrative support, such as scheduling meetings, coordinating in-person and web-based event logistics, taking notes, and responding to project inquiries.
- Coordinate and monitor the MA Problem Gambling Specialist certification and renewal processes, including reviewing online submissions and maintaining all documents and the associated database.
- Help compile, write, and proofread summaries and reports to document project activities and accomplishments.
- Assist team members with tasks to address client, project, and/or team management needs.
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, and other workgroups.
- Identify and suggest ideas to improve project activities and processes.
- Assist with preparing and presenting reports and results.
- Support project management in securing continuation of project funding, as needed.
- Gather and prepare documentation for proposals and/or contract extensions, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of equivalent experience in a professional office setting.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English (e.g., Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese) strongly preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and events simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to commit to and follow through on projects.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including communicating by videoconference, phone, and/or in person (when needed) with community members and organizational partners.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, OneNote and PowerPoint).
- Experience in event planning, coordination, and logistical support, including online (Zoom or similar) meetings and events.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with a proven ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- A commitment to racial and health equity, and diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural settings preferred.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the ability of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*