We are seeking a Program Manager to join the Clearinghouse team and manage the day-to-day operation of the Clearinghouse program including maintaining the publication online catalog and order system, managing print production, marketing, and overseeing distribution of hundreds of publications for the MA Health Promotion Clearinghouse and other public health organizations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about project and data management, skilled in logistics and coordinating complex multi-stakeholder programs, and enjoys system and process improvement. In addition, this position will expose the candidate to a wide range of public health topics and communication strategies. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, fast learner, and able to work independently and as part of the team.
The Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the Clearinghouse program in collaboration with the Fulfillment Center Manager. The Program Manager will manage the content of the Clearinghouse website, product database, and ordering system, and work closely with the Fulfillment Center Manager to ensure accurate, up-to-date records in the systems. They will also manage print production of existing Clearinghouse products, including copyediting, proofing, and shipping/packaging coordination, which supports the ongoing distribution of over 600 products at the Clearinghouse.
This is a fulltime, exempt position and the salary range is mid to upper 60’s based on skills and experience. The Program Manager will work remotely for several months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and then work at HRiA’s Boston office after it reopens in late 2021 or early 2022, with ongoing remote work options for a portion of the work week. Occasional travel to the Clearinghouse warehouse in Amesbury, MA will be required (reimbursed by HRiA). The Program Manager will report to HRiA’s Director of Public Health Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and Supervision
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Clearinghouse program in collaboration with the Fulfillment Center Manager
- Engage with clients for Clearinghouse projects
- Manage print and other vendors
- Assist the Director with tasks to address client, project, and/or team management needs
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, and other workgroups
- Manage product information (online catalog) and other content on the Clearinghouse website
- Coordinate enhancement and troubleshooting of the website with the vendor
- Work closely with a range of clients to review and update the content of existing or new Clearinghouse materials and resources
- Copy edit and proofread materials
- Work with vendors to manage print production, and with the Fulfillment Center Manager to coordinate packing and shipping logistics
- Assist with determining work specifications and obtaining quotes from vendors and consultants
- Manage budgets for print production projects
- Produce and present distribution reports for at least 30 different programs (monthly and on demand)
- Participate in client meetings and provide updates and other support
- Build and expand skills and knowledge relevant to Clearinghouse work (e.g., project management, print production, etc.) as well as other public health topics, including health and racial equity
- Suggest ideas/improvements through participation in teams and committees
- Assist with writing proposals or scopes of work for existing or new business opportunities
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to support expansion of program portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Solid foundation of project management skills and a desire to build skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks and ensure accuracy and follow-through
- Experience with print production including obtaining quotes and working with print vendors
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with website content management; knowledge of HTML codes a plus
- Comfort and familiarity with learning and managing new systems and tools
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat; experience with other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Strong communication skills including engagement and follow-up with team members and vendors
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work part of a team and self-starter
- Ability to work with people across a diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- A commitment to health and racial equity
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
- A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile
Typical work hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks per year.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*