We are seeking a Systems & Operations Coordinator to serve as a key member of our Health and Racial Equity cluster. The Systems & Operations Coordinator will maintain the organizational systems – in partnership with the staff – to facilitate the team’s overall success in serving communities and organizations.
HRiA’s core services comprise four clusters: (1) capacity building assistance, (2) grantmaking for biomedical research and community health initiatives, (3) research and evaluation, and (4) health and racial equity. HRiA’s health and racial equity cluster collaborates across our internal teams and externally with partners and clients to disrupt the systems that have created inequities and injustices within the communities we serve and develop and strengthen internal policies and practices to support our own organizational culture transformation.
HRiA is a growing public health organization, founded and physically-based in Boston, Massachusetts, but with staff that live across the United States.
The Systems & Operations Coordinator will be responsible for a wide range of duties addressing the administrative, logistical, programmatic, travel, communications, and other vital needs of the Cluster, which is led by our Vice-President for Health and Racial Equity and includes 20 staff members. The Cluster has dozens of projects being conducted at one time by multiple staff members, and the Systems & Operations Coordinator will be integral to ensuring the organization and coordination across all these projects. The Systems & Operations Coordinator’s role will be to serve as the operational and administrative backbone to the Cluster. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a salary range of upper 40k’s to low 50k’s, based on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
While this position will be involved in a variety of tasks, primary duties will include:
- Manage and maintain organizational systems for the Cluster, developing new systems when needed.
- Manage departmental software licensure and communication with brand manager as needed
- Help develop, organize, and track all project workplans and related tasks
- Coordinate monthly departmental meetings including scheduling, content planning, and note taking
- Support team members with scheduling meetings, communications, follow-up project needs, mailings, and ordering of supplies
- Complete departmental staff travel arrangements as needed and assist with Vice-President and senior leaders expense reports
Grant and Contract Award (including pre- and post-Award)
- Assist team in preparation and editing of proposals and grant applications and other related materials
- Update and maintain new business database (Insightly)
- Interface with HRiA staff, organizational partners, and consultants as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness of fiscal and administrative requirements
- Coordinate financial management of the department (payment/billing for clients and vendors) with HRiA Administrative and Finance Department
- Support internal project management and community outreach
- Support qualitative data collection through note taking and/or scheduling of focus groups and interviews
- Assist in creating professional and polished formatted research reports, including copyediting, formatting, and developing graphics
- 2-3 years relevant experience (employment or internship) in an office environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of health and racial equity and strong understanding of the root causes of inequities and how racism is a public health crisis.
- Excellent organizational skills required with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and can take personal initiative and exercise independent judgment.
- Calm in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work with people across a diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also to work independently and take personal initiative to complete tasks.
- Proficiency in or capability of learning new software (e.g., Zoom, Google Suite –Slides, Docs, etc.).
- Ability to work virtually with a strong and stable internet connection during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Typical work hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm EST. Additional evening and weekend hours are sometimes required to fulfill the duties of this position.
Currently HRiA’s Boston office is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and all staff are working remotely (with the option for vaccinated staff to work in the office as desired). HRiA’s office will reopen in late 2021 or early 2022 in a “hybrid model,” enabling Boston-based HRiA employees the option to work remotely and/or in the office.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation starting at four weeks.
To apply, follow the instructions for submitting your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*