We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator with a keen understanding of operational procedures who can work collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
HRiA’s core services comprise four clusters: capacity building assistance (CBA), grantmaking for biomedical research and community health initiatives, research and evaluation, and health and racial equity. Our CBA services help people, organizations, and communities build the competencies, infrastructure, and resources necessary to improve public health and achieve health and racial equity.
Within the CBA Cluster, the Training and Capacity Building (TCB) Department builds the skills, knowledge and capacity of public health practitioners, leaders, community residents, non-profit leaders, and youth leaders through a broad range of training, technical assistance (TA), and consultation to improve their ability to make system and community change to improve population health. Our team currently leads and supports a range of statewide and local training and TA projects focused on substance use, tobacco control, COVID-19, problem gambling, youth worker training, and youth development, among others.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support to assist program staff in developing, implementing, and managing several programs and projects. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in training and event planning, youth development and public health work, and become a part of a vibrant and growing public health organization.
The Administrative Coordinator will work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. They will perform a wide range of administrative duties to assist our staff in managing various projects. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for a range of duties addressing the administrative, programmatic, communications/marketing, event planning and other vital needs of TCB and its projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience (or is interested in gaining experience) in training/event/meeting planning, logistical coordination, social media, and marketing. Individuals with strong attention to detail, good interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in serving in a mission-driven environment will thrive in this position.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with a salary range in the upper 40k’s to low 50k’s based on skills and experience. This position is based at our office in Boston, MA and it may require up to three days in the office per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and Project Work
- Coordinate departmental meetings and celebrations including scheduling, managing logistics, content planning, and notetaking.
- Coordinate training registration, recruitment and outreach, update/maintain websites, social media logistics, answer project-related questions, attend and support trainings as needed.
- Assist with daily administrative tasks including completing staff travel arrangements, check requests, expense reporting, processing reimbursements, etc.
- Input data and maintain databases for trainings, e-mail communications, conference registration, and evaluation data; develop regular reports.
- Create professional and polished formatted documents, email newsletters and other correspondence.
- Assemble and ship mailings and materials and ordering of supplies.
- Facilitate and note take for department meetings and other opportunities and events.
- Assist with preparing and presenting reports and results.
- Suggest ideas/improvements through participation in teams and committees.
- Assist team in preparation and editing of proposals and grant applications and other related materials.
- Update and maintain new business database (Insightly).
Typical hours are 9 am – 5pm EST, with the possibility for later evenings and weekend events.
This description is intended to indicate the kind of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. These duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
- A commitment to racial and health equity, and diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year or 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment and/or community organization.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, initiative-taking, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with editing.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software specifically, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Experience with any or all of the following is desirable: WordPress, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, and various social media platforms.
- Experience in training coordination, event planning, and logistical support is desirable.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including generous vacation starting at four weeks, 13 paid holidays, and 15 sick days as well as medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and flexible work schedules.
Generally, our interviews take place between 9am-5pm EST. If this is a barrier to you in any way, please let us know so we can work with the interview team to find a time that works for you.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*