We are seeking a full-time Web Coordinator to join HRiA’s growing technology team to provide task management and administrative support to both the lead developer and the Director of Technology.
Health Resources in Action (HRiA) provides consulting services to government agencies, healthcare institutions, philanthropic foundations, nonprofit organizations, and other entities. Many of these consulting projects include developing and maintaining websites, developing interactive tools, and supporting online learning management systems. Examples of this work include the MA Substance Use Helpline and the Community Health Training Institute. The Web coordinator will be an essential part of HRiA’s work. This person will closely with other members of the HRiA web team on web projects including dozens of client web properties and HRiA’s own digital properties.
The Web Coordinator will split their time between various different projects. The bulk of their position will be supporting the team with administrative functions and helping with different web tasks. This person should be comfortable moving between different functions multiple times a day.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience (or is interested in gaining experience) in web development, logistical coordination, project management, and marketing around the topics of overdose prevention, harm reduction, and substance use, public health and health equity. Individuals with strong attention to detail, good interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in serving in a mission-driven environment will thrive in this position.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of upper 40k’s to low 50k’s, based on skills and experience. The coordinator will initially work remotely (due to HRiA’s COVID-19 policies) and could be based in HRiA’s Boston office when it reopens in late 2021 or early 2022, or fully remote anywhere in the USA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of project plans and help guide projects forward
- Manage timelines and move tasks forward to completion (e.g., complete assigned tasks and close tasks out),
- Assist team with tasks to address client, project, and/or team management needs.
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, and other workgroups, as appropriate.
- Support website development, specifically incorporating content into websites
- Coordinate and maintain systems of communication and work coordination for team members, including senior-level staff, including scheduling and transcribing meetings and training notes. o Conduct final check of proofreading and formatting web content prior to website launch
- Test websites for functionality with an eye for detail
- Update existing websites from incoming tickets and directive from other web team members
- Develop, format, edit and/or proofread written project documents, email communications.
- Support accounts payable and receivable by creating invoices/check requests for payment/billing for vendors, and clients and tracking expenses and income.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for the team as requested.
- Contribute to blogs, website content, and other communications efforts to share and promote organizational approaches, expertise, and learning.
- Suggest ideas/improvements in project and/or organizational processes and systems through participation in teams and committees.
New Business Development
- Contribute to proposals and to other writing teams where appropriate
- One+ year of professional experience in an office setting.
- Experience working with WordPress and other CMS systems
- Organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and events simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to commit to and follow through on projects.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, with both in-person and remote staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams).
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about public health
- Commitment to advancing health equity and racial equity.
- Comfort working with stakeholders of diverse viewpoints and experiences
Typical work hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. Additional evening and weekend hours are sometimes required to fulfill the duties of this position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under their supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
HRiA offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous starting vacation of four weeks. It is a supportive and exciting environment in which to work and to build a career.
How to Apply:
HRiA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse work force that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Diversity is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
HRiA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Generally, our interviews take place between 9am-5pm EST. If this is a barrier to you, please let us know in your cover letter so our interview team can find a time that works for you.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements online.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, if you have a question please click the button below*