The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and impact our personal and professional lives. We want to assure our trustees, reviewers, and grantee communities that our TMF staff continues to provide high quality biomedical research grantmaking services. We will do our part to help manage any potential challenges and continue supporting research to the extent that it is possible. Please notify us with any questions or requests.
SUPPORTING HIGH-RISK, HIGH-REWARD TRANSFORMATIVE BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust was created by Marian Falk in 1979 to support biomedical research. Mrs. Falk sought to fund “medical research to improve treatments of the past and eventually find cures for diseases for which no definite cure is known.” Bank of America, N.A., serves as Trustee for the Falk Medical Research Trust.
The Medical Foundation at Health Resources in Action is pleased to manage the grantmaking for both the Falk Catalyst and Transformational Programs on behalf of Bank of America.
The Catalyst Research Award Program provides up to $300,000 seed funding over one to two years, to support translational research that can be transferred to clinical practice in the near term. The award supports planning and development of projects, teams, tools, techniques, and management infrastructure necessary to lay the foundation for a subsequent two to three year $1M Transformational Award. Transformational projects must have achieved Catalyst milestones and aim to move a healthcare innovation toward the next step in commercial development. Please Click Here for more information on the Transformational Award Program.
Select institutions are invited to submit up to two applications per grant cycle.
2022 Invited Institutions:
- Brown University, RI*
- Case Western Reserve University, OH
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, OH
- Cleveland Clinic, OH
- Indiana University, IN
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Illinois Chapter (Nominated projects may be based at any Midwestern nonprofit research institution) IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, SD, WI
- Lurie Children’s Hospital (formerly Children’s Memorial Hospital), IL
- Loyola University, IL
- Mayo Clinic, MN
- Medical College of Wisconsin, WI
- Michigan State University, MI
- Northwestern University, IL
- Rush University, IL
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (formerly Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago), IL
- Stanford University, CA*
- The Ohio State University, OH
- Thomas Jefferson University, PA*
- University of Chicago, IL
- University of Cincinnati, OH
- University of Illinois – Chicago, IL
- University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign, IL
- University of Iowa, IA
- University of Kansas Medical Center, KS
- University of Michigan, MI
- University of Minnesota, MN
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, NE
- University of Wisconsin, WI
- Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL), MO
- Wayne State University, MI
- Yale University, CT*
* Institutions outside of the Midwest