BRIDGE SUPPORT FOR FALK CATALYST AWARDEES
The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust was created by Marian Falk in 1979 to support biomedical research. Mrs. Falk sought to fund “medical research to improve treatments of the past and eventually find cures for diseases for which no definite cure is known.” U.S. Trust, Bank of America, N.A., serves as Trustee for the Falk Medical Research Trust.
The Medical Foundation at Health Resources in Action is pleased to manage the grantmaking for both the Falk Catalyst and Transformational Programs on behalf of U.S. Trust, Bank of America. Please Click Here for more information on the Catalyst Award Program.
The Transformational Awards Program provides $1,000,000 for a two year funding cycle to successful Catalyst Awardees to continue their work tackling critical scientific and therapeutic roadblocks and thereby opening avenues for treating and curing disease. The Transformational Award provides a bridge to the technology transfer process for moving an exciting health care innovation to the next step in commercial development.
Transformational Awards will be granted based on both scientific merit and having successfully attained the proposed milestones and benchmarks of the Catalyst Award, thus demonstrating its successful execution within the proposed budget and projected timeframe.
Only Catalyst Awardees are eligible to apply for a Transformational Award:
- Received a Catalyst Award in 2014 (approved NCE), 2015, 2016 and not previously applied for a Transformational Award
- Hold a full-time faculty appointment
- Are independent investigator (s) with demonstrated institutional support and the specialized space and facilities needed to conduct the proposed research
- Each PI may only submit one application
- Applicants may not have funding support for a similar project.
- United States citizenship is not required; visa documentation is not required.