The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and impact our personal and professional lives. We want to assure our trustees, reviewers, and grantee communities that our TMF staff continues to provide high quality biomedical research grantmaking services. We will do our part to help manage any potential challenges and continue supporting research to the extent that it is possible. Please notify us with any questions or requests.
BRIDGE SUPPORT FOR FALK CATALYST AWARDEES
The Dr. Ralph and Marian Falk Medical Research Trust was created by Marian Falk in 1979 to support biomedical research. Mrs. Falk sought to fund “medical research to improve treatments of the past and eventually find cures for diseases for which no definite cure is known.” Bank of America, N.A., serves as Trustee for the Falk Medical Research Trust.
The Medical Foundation at Health Resources in Action is pleased to manage the grantmaking for both the Falk Catalyst and Transformational Programs on behalf of Bank of America, N.A. Please Click Here for more information on the Catalyst Award Program.
The Transformational Research Award provides two to three years of additional research funding up to $1M for successful projects funded by Catalyst Awards. The Transformational Award will continue to support successful Catalyst Award Recipients’ work, helping help them move a healthcare innovation toward the next step in commercial development, tackling critical scientific and therapeutic roadblocks, and thereby opening new avenues for treating and curing disease.
Transformational Awards will be granted based on both scientific merit and having successfully attained the proposed milestones and benchmarks of the Catalyst Award, thus demonstrating its successful execution within the proposed budget and projected timeframe.
Only Catalyst Awardees are eligible to apply for a Transformational Award:
- Applicants must have a Catalyst Award completion date no earlier than July 1, 2021, and must not previously have applied for a Transformational Award.
- The proposed benchmarks and milestones outlined in the Catalyst Award proposal must have been successfully achieved. To maintain momentum, Catalyst Awardees with grants in progress who have hit their Catalyst milestones and benchmarks earlier than the official end date, or who are clearly on track to hit these, are welcome to apply.
- The administrative lead applicant (Principal Investigator) must hold a full-time faculty appointment.
- PIs and multi-PIs must be independent investigator(s) with demonstrated institutional support and the specialized space and facilities needed to conduct the proposed research.
- Applicants and key personnel may not have funding for a similar project.
- United States citizenship is not required; visa documentation is not required.
- Each PI may submit only one application for a Transformational Award.