The Medical Foundation, a division of HRiABiomedical Research Grantmaking Services
The Medical Foundation Division works with private individuals, bank trusts and family foundations to design customized grant programs that accelerate medical discoveries. Each year, more than 100 internationally recognized scientists and physicians from across the United States and Europe serve on our scientific review committees and provide critical and unbiased evaluations of all applications and research progress reports. In 2012, our clients' programs awarded more than $18 million.
Our grantmaking services include:
- Defining the scientific funding niche
- Writing application guidelines
- Maintaining an extensive database of all grant program activities
- Announcing funding to worldwide research institutions and professional societies
- Designing and managing program web pages
- Overseeing all aspects of the online application process
- Creating highly respected scientific review committees
- Distributing funds and negotiating contracts with research institutions
- Reviewing award recipients’ progress and fiscal reports
- Organizing scientific meetings where award recipients present their research discoveries
- Evaluating the quality and effectiveness of grant programs
When clients wish to learn more about a specific disease or field of biomedical research, we provide reports that can be tailored for either scientific or lay audiences. We review, evaluate, and summarize relevant scientific literature as well as assess the current funding landscape. We identify and interview leaders in the field of interest. Reports are enriched by contacting experts within our database of governmental agencies, academia, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Assisted by our consulting services, clients make informed funding decisions to meet their organizations' strategic goals.